Tuesday, October 28, 2014

'Eavy II

More or less done with this guy!

Shortened the barrel quite a bit - perhaps too much. But it did result in a weapon with a pretty interesting profile.

Filled up the giant boils on his belly as well - I'm going for a slightly more subtle nurgly look with this guy. 

Sunday, October 26, 2014


There's something about Nurgle... 
The imagery can feel a bit overdone at times, but working on the models completely blows away all such thoughts - it's just so much fun!

Here's a heavy I'm tinkering with. Might change the gun to a heavy bolter as the size feels slightly over the top - even by 40k standards. The question now is wether to keep him nurgly or to turn him into a big servitor/mutie/random fat bloke. 

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Death Guard

The nurglii marine is more or less finished.

I'm really happy with the way he turned out - a very classic plaguemarine reminiscent of Jes's and Dave Andrews early 90's models. The old school bolter certainly helps to reinforce that image. 

Friday, October 24, 2014

Putrid Blightmarine

Here's the first conversion to come out of the new blightkings. 
Started off with a death guard as the possibilty for truescaled plague marines became apparent the moment I saw the first pictures of the kit. Still extremely work in progress - the boltpistol is very much a placeholder and will be replaced by something chunkier. 

Thursday, October 23, 2014


I've been out of it for a while due to a concussion that scrambled my brains a bit. Hard to paint minis when you can't focus properly...

However, that didn't stop me picking up a box of the fantastic new blightkings. Along with the wracks, the freebooterz and the scions GW has really put out some truly stellar infantry kits this year. I'm going to have a blast putting together these bad boys! 

Sunday, October 12, 2014


The wrack kit is just amazing. Here's the second haemonculus I've put together using the multitude of bitz it offers. I've also cobbled together a nomal wrack (well, normal for wracks...) just to test the kit - I'll put that up when it's finished. 

For now here's haemonculii number two on the operating table. 

Thursday, October 02, 2014

Flight of the spinal chords

A box of the new wracks, a wraith and a rather frenzied kit bashing spree resulted in this nasty customer. 

I've had the idea to make a different looking haemo out of the wraith for awhile and finally we got the wrack kit to  provide some necessary extra bits! 
Gonna leave it be for awhile and get back to it after some pondering... It's not 100 % yet - but it's a start. Any improvement ideas are more than welcome!