Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Don't fear the reaper

This weekend I went over the north sea to England, where Nottingham lies. Apart from having a rather (in)famous sheriff it also is home to Warhammer World. 

And that is where I got to have a nice friendly game of "inquisimundaheim" over a few pints (and chat a lot about miniatures ans art in general) The game was set in the strange worldship of the Yggdrasilium Arke and the players were Tim (Fulgrim /Tears of Isstvan), Tammy (Tears of envy), Jon Flindall, Peter (PDH) and last, but not least, John Blanche. 

Which was nice. 

So nice, that I got home brimming with inspiration. The first thing I did was to bash this nasty little reaper guy together.





A report on the game will follow in some way or the other...




 

9 comments:

  1. So you play games with JB himself? Bah - I can top that: I'm God!

    Cool mini by the way........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to know JB AND God is following the blog...;-)

      Delete
  2. He's a Mechanicum version of Death - nice build.

    And to play on the Ygg... wow - I would love to see that board of Neil101's in real life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a veeeery nice board...

      Would love to make something like that myself... Might pick up a citadel forest and construct a honking big tree to have a yggdrasilium proxy at home.

      Delete
  3. He is an exciting little character! I like the frail look you have achieved. His hook arm works very nicely; I have to admit, the talos kit was one of the best released ever for bizarre barbed fleshy contraptions!

    I look forward to hearing about you journey to the Yggdrasilium Arke, and what weird things must have surely transpired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We played, we drank, we made our ancestors proud. I leave it to Fulgrim to do a proper write up. My guys were (more or less) all killed by Tammys genestealer. I was very proud of aAlberich though - he bashed in quite a few heads with his trusty hammer before his demise. Plucky dwarf etc.

      Delete
  4. Jeff "you F**king hipster" it was great meeting you and playing with your models. We also managed to drink a hell of a lot! :-)

    I got to set fire to the sump (using Jeff's flamer armed twist) to try and kill that bloody Genestealer! Genestealers are really frightening!

    Such fun and chaos.

    Oh and your reaper is cool, feels very Ygg inhabitant like.

    PDH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! It was so much fun! Looking forward to the next get together...

      This guy has actually turned into a follower of my newly concocted minor chaos deity - made a whole pantheon using the tables in Lost and the Damned. I will post the big presentation shortly. Stay tuned...

      Delete
  5. I particularly like the hood, very nice work on that. The lower legs seems a bit thin though, might need some bulking up to match the arms better.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.